Friday, April 18, 2014
Morning Sentinel Staff
This year, the program will accept applications for Christmas assistance from Oct. 25 through Dec. 3 or until 1,600 children have been reached.
To qualify, families must:
* Meet state income guidelines.
* Agree not to accept Christmas assistance from other organizations, unless it is only for food.
* be the parent or legal guardian of the child(ren) for which they are applying.
* Apply only for children who are 12 or younger.
* Provide Social Security numbers for each income-earning individual in the household.
* Provide annual gross income and food stamps and child support received for every adult living in your household.
* Provide proof of income (copy of tax return, pay stubs for all adults, etc.).
* Be available to pick up boxes at the Waterville or Augusta distribution site on a specific day.
* Have social security numbers for adults, and clothing and shoe sizes for children 12 and younger, available when you call. Your call will not be taken unless the information is available.
Applications can be taken by phone, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 25 to Dec. 3 at 872-0261 or, toll-free, 877-604-4357.