February 10, 2013

Early morning chimney fire in Augusta

By Betty Adams badams@centralmaine.com
Staff Writer

 AUGUSTA — No one was injured in a chimney fire early today at 8 Davenport St.

The two people sleeping in the home at the time were awakened by smoke, and the alarm was called in at 1:30 a.m.

 “Firefighters had to take the wall out,” said Augusta Fire Department Battalion Chief Scott Dunbar. “Other than that, there was no damage at all.”

 Firefighters spent about 90 minutes at the scene, and by the end, the residents were able to return because they had an alternate heating source.

 Dunbar said the home is insured.

Were you interviewed for this story? If so, please fill out our accuracy form

Send question/comment to the editors




Further Discussion

Here at OnlineSentinel.com we value our readers and are committed to growing our community by encouraging you to add to the discussion. To ensure conscientious dialogue we have implemented a strict no-bullying policy. To participate, you must follow our Terms of Use.

Questions about the article? Add them below and we’ll try to answer them or do a follow-up post as soon as we can. Technical problems? Email them to us with an exact description of the problem. Make sure to include:
  • Type of computer or mobile device your are using
  • Exact operating system and browser you are viewing the site on (TIP: You can easily determine your operating system here.)