Thursday, December 12, 2013
The Associated Press
ORRINGTON — A 30-year-old man and his three children are being laid to rest a week after they were killed in a predawn house fire in Orrington.
Calling hours for Benjamin Johnson III and his three children, ages 4, 8 and 9, are Saturday afternoon at the Brookings-Smith Funeral Home in Bangor. Funeral services are Sunday afternoon.
Hollywood Casino in Bangor, where Johnson worked as a card dealer, is having a gathering for family and friends from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday
Last Saturday's fire was started by empty cardboard boxes placed too close to a wood stove. Johnson's wife and the children's mother survived the fire.
A spaghetti dinner to benefit the family is being held from 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday at the Center Drive School in Orrington.