Wednesday, December 11, 2013
The Associated Press
BATH — The Maine fire marshal's office says no charges will be filed in a home explosion that killed a woman in Bath.
A family photo of Dale Fussell, 64, taken around 2010.
What remains of the duplex at 31-29 Bluff road, following a suspected propane gas explosion on Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2013.
Shawn Patrick Ouellette/Staff Photographer
A leak in a propane line caused the explosion. WMTW-TV reports that the fire marshal's office said Tuesday that the case is not closed.
Fire investigators say the leak was in the wall of the unit next to one where 64-year-old Dale Ann Fussell's body was found. Investigators believe fumes seeped into a crawl space before being ignited from an unknown source.
Four other people were taken to the hospital.
The blast flattened the building, awakened neighbors and scattered debris as far as a quarter mile away.
click image to enlarge
The scene shortly after a propane explosion leveled the duplex at 31-29 Bluff Road.
Photo by Debra Prindall