Sunday, March 9, 2014
By Rachel Ohm firstname.lastname@example.org
NORRIDGEWOCK — An older mobile home on Madison Road was heavily damaged by smoke in a fire Tuesday afternoon.
The fire is believed to have originated from a wood stove in the living room, said Lt. Jeffery Jones of the Norridgewock Fire Department. He wouldn’t identify the homeowner.
The home is at 92 Madison Road, U.S. Route 201A, and although the fire did not breach the outside of the building, it did cause extensive smoke and water damage to the interior, said Jones. He said it is uninhabitable.
Firefighters arrived at the scene around 3 p.m. and saw heavy smoke, but no flames showing. They were able to extinguish the fire in about an hour, said Jones.
Firefighters from the Madison and Skowhegan fire departments also responded. No injuries were reported.Rachel Ohm— 612-2368 email@example.com