Saturday, March 8, 2014
SKOWHEGAN — A Prentiss man pleaded not guilty in court Friday to charges he sexually assaulted a boy under 12 last year in Moxie Gore Township.
Timothy P. Hayes, 49, was ordered held on $75,000 cash bail on three indictments, two of them felonies.
Hayes was indicted by a Somerset County grand jury on Thursday on charges of gross sexual assault of the boy between Aug. 1 and Oct. 31, according to court documents. The charge is a class A felony, punishable by up to 30 years in prison and a $50,000 fine.
He is charged additionally with subjecting the same child to sexual contact during the same period, a class B felony, and with prohibited contact with a minor because of a conviction on a similar charge in June 1992.
Hayes has a court hearing scheduled for March 19, with trial set to being in May. It could not be determined Friday whether Hayes has a lawyer.
Hayes was among 15 people indicted Thursday by the grand jury. An indictment is not a finding of guilt, but is an indication that there is enough evidence to proceed with a trial.
The following people also were indicted:
• Robert E. Diamond, 46, of Embden, charged with domestic violence criminal threatening, assault and terrorizing, all with priors, in Embden Dec. 13.
• Peter V. Corson, 48, of Benton, charged with theft and violating the conditions of release, Oct. 31, in Smithfield.
• Steven E. Clark, 49, of Owls Head, charged with tampering with a victim and eight counts of violating the conditions of release, Nov. 19-20, in Madison.
• Charles L. Woodard, 43, of Detroit, charged with possession of a firearm by a felon and two counts of fraudulently obtaining a hunting license, is September and October, in Detroit.
• Joshua M. Bartlett, 26, of New Portland, charged with burglary and theft, Jan. 17, in Embden.
• Ryan D. Turel, 26, of Levant, charged with aggravated criminal mischief, operating under the influence and operating after license suspension, Nov. 28, in Pittsfield.
• Nicholas S. Dudley, 26, of South China, charged with three counts of forgery and three counts of theft, between Sept. 28 and Oct. 1, in Fairfield.
• Jennifer L. Sapienza, 32, of Waterville, charged with three counts of forgery and three counts of theft, between Sept. 28 and Oct. 1, in Fairfield.
• Jacob T. Farrin, 27, of Canaan, charged with burglary and theft, Sept. 20, in Skowhegan.
• Robert Eric French, 42, of Skowhegan, charged with violation of the sex offender registry, Nov. 20, in Skowhegan.
• Jacob Essely McMillian, 19, of Gardiner, charged with aggravated forgery and drinking in public, Aug. 11, in Skowhegan.
• Thomas R. Sisco, 53, of Hubbardston, Mass., charged with aggravated criminal mischief and operating under the influence, Oct. 18, in Fairfield.
• Kyle I. Finley, 26, of Lewiston, charged with possession and trafficking of illegal drugs, Oct. 24, in Norridgewock.
• Vance A. Cayford Jr., 43, of Norridgewock, charged with possession of a firearm by a felon, Oct. 2, in Norridgewock.Doug Harlow — 612-2367 firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @Doug_Harlow