Sunday, May 19, 2013
SKOWHEGAN — A Skowhegan couple was indicted recently by a Somerset County grand jury on drug charges stemming from a Feb. 28 raid on their home.
Peter Breingan Jr., 36, and Maria Collins, 24, both of Rosie Court, were arrested after the execution of a search warrant by the Somerset County Sheriff's Department's warrant team.
Investigators found 322 30-mg oxycodone pills with a street value of about $10,000, Gottardi said in a news release.
Police also seized a loaded 9mm pistol, cash and drug-related paraphernalia.
The grand jury indicted Breingan on charges of aggravated trafficking in narcotics, trafficking in narcotics and possession of narcotics. The trafficking charge is aggravated because the firearm was close to the drugs and because of the amount and value of the drugs seized, Detective Lt. Carl Gottardi said at the time.
Breingan remains at the Somerset County Jail in lieu of a $100,000 property bond or $50,000 cash bail, a jail intake worker said late Friday.
Collins is no longer at the jail, but remains under supervision until she goes to court.
An indictment is not a finding of guilt, but is an indication enough evidence is present to proceed with trial.
Others indicted by the grand jury are:
• Nathan T. Corcoran, 27, of Moscow, charged with aggravated assault, Feb. 16 in Moscow.
• Douglas W. Hanon, 37, of Mount Vernon, charged with two counts of theft by deception and two counts of violating the conditions of release, Nov. 3 in Smithfield.
• Bonny L. Buzzell, 48, of Fairfield, charged with aggravated assault, with prior assaults, Feb. 25 in Fairfield.
• Richard Scott Real, 31, of Madison, charged with theft, Jan. 28 in Skowhegan.
• Leon E. Maloon, 56, of Ripley, charged with domestic violence criminal threatening and domestic violence assault, Feb. 18 in Ripley. He is also charged in a separate indictment with violating conditions of release and violating a protection from abuse order, Feb. 24 in Ripley.
• Philip A. Henry III, 21, of Madison, charged with failure to report to custody and violating conditions of release, Feb. 16 in Madison.
• Brandy L. Barrett, 27, of Skowhegan, charged with receiving stolen property, Oct. 12 in Skowhegan.
• Jean Lampron, 56, of Hartland, charged with burglary and theft, Dec. 4 in Hartland.
• Gerald T. Geisinger, 27, of Corinna, charged with theft, March 5 in Palmyra.
• Cory W. Dodge, 20, of Skowhegan, charged with burglary, theft and criminal mischief, Oct. 25 in Canaan.
• Garrett Chapman, 23, of Skowhegan, indicted on a charge of trafficking in narcotics brought by the Office of Attorney General and the Maine Drug Enforcement Agency, Nov. 14.
Doug Harlow — 612-2367