Friday, April 25, 2014
Kennebec Journal Staff
AUGUSTA -- A Farmingdale man will spend four years in prison for robbing a woman at gunpoint and striking her in the face with a handgun.
Thomas J. Rodriguez, 31, of Farmingdale, pleaded guilty in Kennebec County Superior Court this week to robbery, criminal threatening with a dangerous weapon, and assault, all on Nov. 3, 2012, in Augusta.
According to a police affidavit, Rodriguez arrived at the victim's apartment and demanded money at gunpoint. When she laughed at him and told him she had none because her check went directly to the bank, he struck her with the handgun, according to the affidavit.
The sentence is concurrent to a probation revocation from convictions in Machias.
A number of other people were sentenced this week in separate hearings in Kennebec County Superior Court:
* Kelly L. Angers, 25, of Augusta, disorderly conduct, offensive words, gestures May 2, 2012, in Augusta; 10-day jail sentence, all suspended, six months of administrative release.
* Christopher C. Boghossian, 22, of Waterville, disorderly conduct, loud noise, private place Feb. 17 in Waterville; $750 fine.
* Garrett J. Camren, 33, of Dresden, two counts each of aggravated assault and assault April 15, 2012, on Bond Street in Augusta when two people were stabbed during an argument that erupted at a barbecue; five-year prison sentence, all but two years suspended, two years of probation.
* John J. Channell, 22, of Hatfield, Mass., operating under the influence Sept. 4, 2012, in Oakland; $700 fine, 90-day license suspension.
* Paul Coyne, 29, of Mercer, assault with a dangerous weapon and unlawful possession of a scheduled drug Aug. 18, 2012, in Winthrop; four-year jail sentence, all but six months suspended, two years of probation, $400 fine.
* Jeffrey E. Eaton Jr., 26, of Belgrade, operating after habitual-offender revocation Dec. 31 in Clinton; $1,000 fine, six-month jail sentence.
* Jonathan T. Flood, 22, of Farmingdale, assault Sept. 10, 2012, in Farmingdale; 30-day jail sentence, $300 fine.
* Michael Foster, 47, of Waterville, criminal trespass Nov. 26, 2012, in Waterville; 48-hour jail sentence, credit for time served.
* Robert M. Guerette, 61, of Las Vegas, Nev., operating under the influence June 9, 2012, in Waterville; $1,000 fine, 90-day license suspension.
* Anthony Hawkins, 20, of Augusta, assault July 22, 2012, in Augusta; 14-day jail sentence, credit for time served.
* Jason L. Hewett, also known as Jason Goucher, 28, of Wayne; operating after habitual-offender revocation June 11, 2011, in Fayette; one-year prison sentence, $1,000 fine.
* Reginald N. Legassey, 56, of Augusta, terrorizing, violating condition of release and two counts of disorderly conduct Sept. 1-Oct. 15, 2012, in Augusta; 364-day jail sentence, all but seven days suspended, one-year administrative release.
* Eric J. Lynch, 28, of Monmouth, aggravated trafficking of scheduled drugs, violating condition of release and forfeiture of $1,057, all Dec. 21, 2012, in Monmouth; five-year and one-day prison sentence.
* Kory K. McPhail, 22, of Winslow, theft by unauthorized taking or transfer Sept. 25, 2012 in Benton; six-month jail sentence.
* Allan Michael Stebbins, 30, of Vienna, eluding, driving to endanger and operating after suspension Aug. 10, 2012, in Chesterville; 18-month jail sentence, concurrent with a probation revocation, $825 in fines, 30-day license suspension, $250 restitution.
* Matthew Trow, 31, of Augusta, obstructing report of a crime Nov. 17, 2012, in Augusta; 180-day jail sentence, all suspended, one-year probation.
* Justin Turner, 30, of Wilton, driving to endanger July 25, 2011, in Waterville; $575 fine, 30-day license suspension.
* Tasha Wallace, 23, of South Gardiner, operating under the influence Aug. 18, 2012, in Pittston; two-day jail sentence (credit for time served); $500 fine, 90-day license suspension.
* Gage Wells, 19, of Vassalboro, theft by unauthorized taking or transfer Aug. 23, 2012, in Vassalboro and indecent conduct and assault Oct. 14, 2012, in Waterville; 364-day jail sentence, all but four months suspended, $300 fine.
* John A. Wood Jr., 31, of Augusta, illegal possession of scheduled drugs Dec. 14, 2012, in Augusta; $400 fine, three-year jail sentence with all but 90 days suspended, two years of probation.