Wednesday, June 19, 2013
AUGUSTA -- The last of a trio of out-of-state men accused of robbing two women in their Augusta apartment pleaded guilty Tuesday to lesser charges involving the same April 6 robbery.
Tyrone R. Wilkins, 22, of East Stroudsburg, Pa., admitted committing aggravated criminal trespass and criminal threatening with a dangerous weapon and was sentenced to five years in prison, with all but two years suspended, and two years of probation.
Conditions of probation ban him from contact with the two victims.
The arrests came after the women reported that three men forced their way into their Chase Avenue apartment and threatened them with knives and a handgun.
Investigators later recovered a semiautomatic handgun in a barbecue grill and a fixed-blade hunting knife from a couch where one suspect was sitting, according to documents filed in Kennebec County Superior Court.
Charges of robbery, assault and theft by unauthorized taking or transfer were dismissed in exchange for the pleas.
Wilkins was scheduled to go to trial on all the charges this week.
His sentence was essentially the same as that received by co-defendants Darvent E. Cummings, 21, of Stroudsburg, Pa., and Stephen Kirkley, 19, of Albany, N.Y. They were both sentenced in September in the same court.
A number of other people were sentenced Tuesday in separate cases in Kennebec County Superior Court:
* Viktoria L. Hanna Bickford, 48, of Winthrop, keeping a dangerous dog April 9 in Winthrop; $250 fine.
* Robert L. Burgess, 61, of Fairfield, assault April 25, 2011, in Waterville; 364-day jail sentence, all but seven days suspended, one year administrative release.
* Allan B. Dame, 55, of Poland, theft by unauthorized taking or transfer July 1, 2010, in Augusta; $1,000 fine.
* Jennifer Dowling, 31, of Pittston, unlawful possession of scheduled drug June 18 in Augusta; $400 fine, 364-day jail sentence, all suspended, one-year administrative release.
* Derric A. Dumont, 22, of Hanscom Air Force Base, Mass., driving to endanger April 24 in Winslow; $1,000 fine, 30-day license suspension.
* Jill E. Hansen, 45, of Oakland, operating under the influence Dec. 16, in Augusta and operating after suspension March 21 in Oakland; seven-day jail sentence, to be served concurrently with a 30-day federal sentence on other charges, $1,500 fine, one-year license suspension.
* Glen T. LaPointe, 55, of Augusta, theft by unauthorized taking or transfer April 1 in Winthrop and burglary of a motor vehicle July 13 in Augusta; 30-day jail sentence.
* Joseph M. McInnis, 25, of Augusta, assault May 26 in Augusta; 364-day jail sentence all suspended, one year probation; $300 fine, $3,000 restitution (already paid).
* David A. Morton, 43, of Whitefield, operating after habitual offender revocation June 7 in Gardiner and Aug. 30 in Augusta, and violating condition of release Aug. 30 in Augusta; six-month jail sentence $2,000 fine.
* Karl D. Pease Jr., 26, of Monmouth, domestic violence assault June 9 in West Gardiner, 180-day jail sentence, all but 10 days suspended (to be served in the alternative sentencing program), one year administrative release.
* Christopher P. Reed, 26, of Oakland, burglary of a motor vehicle and theft by unauthorized taking or transfer Sept. 8 in Oakland; 30-day jail sentence concurrent to a 90-day probation revocation, $145 restitution.
* Kevin Tardiff, 41, of Augusta, theft by unauthorized taking or transfer Aug. 10 and Sept. 9, and refusing to submit to arrest or detention, refusing to stop Sept. 12, all in Augusta; six-month jail sentence.
* Erica L. Theriault, 26, of Augusta and formerly of Litchfield, harassment Oct. 13, 2010, in Augusta; $200 fine.
* Crystal A. Webb, 26, of Manchester, theft by unauthorized taking or transfer March 27 in Waterville; 10-day jail sentence.
Betty Adams -- 621-5631