November 2, 2012

Mobile home in Hartland destroyed in Friday blaze

By Rachel Ohm rohm@centralmaine.com
Staff Writer

HARTLAND -- A furnace fire destroyed a single-family mobile home on Canaan Road early Friday morning.

Five people were in the home when the fire started, but escaped unharmed, Sgt. Ken Grimes of the State Fire Marshal's Office said. A family pet, a cat, died, he said.

The fire was accidental and began with a furnace malfunction, he said.

The home at 1945 Canaan Road was the residence of Jeffrey Warner, who could not be reached for comment Friday. An employee at the Town Office said the family is being helped by the Red Cross.

The Hartland Fire Department responded shortly after 2 a.m. and was helped by firefighters from Canaan, St. Albans and Skowhegan.

Grimes said that the family does not have insurance and that there were also no smoke alarms in the home, though that is not illegal in a single-family home.

Rachel Ohm -- 612-2368
rohm@mainetoday.com

Were you interviewed for this story? If so, please fill out our accuracy form

Send question/comment to the editors




Further Discussion

Here at OnlineSentinel.com we value our readers and are committed to growing our community by encouraging you to add to the discussion. To ensure conscientious dialogue we have implemented a strict no-bullying policy. To participate, you must follow our Terms of Use.

Questions about the article? Add them below and we’ll try to answer them or do a follow-up post as soon as we can. Technical problems? Email them to us with an exact description of the problem. Make sure to include:
  • Type of computer or mobile device your are using
  • Exact operating system and browser you are viewing the site on (TIP: You can easily determine your operating system here.)